Special Areas residents have many different scholarships available to help them finance their dreams.
University of Calgary - $1,400.00
Offered annually to a continuing undergraduate student in any faculty who has completed at least one year. Students must be descendants of a pioneer/homestead family in the Special Areas. If no suitable candidate, then open to students who graduated from any Alberta high school. Based on financial need and academic merit.
Southern Alberta Institute of Technology (SAIT) - $2,500.00
Available to entering or returning SAIT students enrolled in a certificate or diploma program. Preference given to descendants of the original pioneers (early 1900's) who held title to land within the Special Areas (proof necessary). Second to students who have attended a high school in the Special Areas.
The donor of this bursary is also Ms. Leone J. Curry. The purpose is to honor the memory of her parents, Blanche & Alex Curry and the pioneering spirit of the homesteaders in the Special Areas.
Olds College - $1,000.00
Available to students entering any Olds College program. First preference to descendants of the original pioneers in the Special Areas (early 1900's). Second preference to residents in the Special Areas for at least 5 years. Award based on financial need.
The donor of the above bursary is also Ms. Leone J. Curry. The purpose is to honor the memory of her sister, Adele Blanche Curry Robb, who was a victim of breast cancer in 1967.
William Keyte Memorial Bursaries
University of Calgary - 4 bursaries up to $4,000.00 for University of Calgary students. Offered annually to students entering first year in any undergraduate faculty. To be eligible students must be from the Special Areas. Based on financial need and academic merit. The awards are renewable in the second, third and fourth years at the University of Calgary providing that the recipients maintain a minimum grade point average of 2.60 for each year of study as a full time student.
Further information can be obtained from the above post secondary institutions.
Alberta Union of Provincial Employees (AUPE) Members in good standing of AUPE with two consecutive years service as of July 16 of current year are eligible, and/or their spouse, and/or their financial dependents, and/or dependents of retired or deceased members. All dependents must be under the age of 25 years. Consideration will be made for a past member who enrolls full-time in an educational institution within the first year of job elimination.
Prairie Land Scholarships
Prairie Land Regional Division No. 25 offers scholarships and bursaries to students entering any accredited Canadian post-secondary institution. Some awards are conditional upon recipients being admitted to and registered as a full-time student at a college or university. Please click here for more details on these awards. Application forms are available for the 2014-2015 school year with a deadline of July 31, 2015.
School Specific Awards:
- Altario School - Other Awards
- Berry Creek Community School - Other Awards
- Consort School - Other Awards
- Delia School - Other Awards
- J. C. Charyk Hanna School - Other Awards
- Morrin School - Other Awards
- Youngstown School - Other Awards
Local Community Organization Scholarships
- ATCO Letter - April 2014
- ATCO Poster- April 2014
- ATCO Power - Scholarship Application Form
- Big Stone Ladies Club Bursary
- Big Stone Ladies Club Scholarship - BCCS
- Blaine Lockhart Memorial Scholarship
- Buffalo Agricultural Society Scholarship
- ConocoPhillips Work Prep Bursary
- ConocoPhillips Work Prep Bursary - Application Form
- Consort Lions Club Post-Secondary Scholarship Award - Application Form
- Curry Bursaries
- Gaye Ross Memorial Nursing Scholarship - Application Form
- General Awards
- Hanna And District Agricultural Society - Bursary For Leadership - Info Application Form
- Hanna And District Agricultural Society - Memorial Bursary For Agriculture - Info Application Form
- Hanna Chamber of Commerce Bursary
- Hanna Health Centre Ladies Auxiliary Bursary
- JCC Science Awards
- Knights of Columbus Bursary
- Maren Beeston Student Initiative Award
- Neutral Hills Agricultural Society Scholarship - application form
- Nicholas Baier Memorial Award Application
- PLRD Scholarship Application Form Revised January 2015
- Prairie Land Board Selected Specific Scholarship Details - January 2015
- Rumsey Ag Scholarship
- School Specific Scholarship Details - January 2015
- Schulich Leader Scholarships - Overview
- Schulich Leader Scholarships - Poster
- Schulich Leader Scholarships Nomination Guidelines
- William Keyte Memorial Bursary