Travel and Expenses Disclosure
Approved expenses are disclosed to the public. Expenses are reported after they are approved by the Assistant Deputy Minister, Municipal Services Division, Alberta Municipal Affairs, which is why an expense may be posted several months after the transaction date.
Under the Government of Alberta's Public Disclosure of Travel and Expenses Policy:
- expenses are published online and reported under the individual that incurred the expense
- receipts are posted where applicable
- a receipt is not required for a reimbursement of an expense for which an allowance can be claimed, which includes expenses such as:
- per diems
- meal allowances
- mileage claims
- meter parking
- bus fares
This information is released publicly and without restriction.
What is Disclosed?Terms UsedReportingCosts and allowances incurred by an individual in the course of Special Areas Board business, including those arising from:
- travel, including transportation, accommodation, meals and related incidentals
- hospitality and working sessions
Expense information disclosed on the site includes:
- the name and position of the person incurring the expense
- the date of the transaction(s) giving rise to the expense
- the amount of each expense
- a description and the rationale for each expense
- receipts for each reimbursed expense, where applicable
Disclosure requirements apply to the Chair of the Special Areas Board as a senior official appointed by Order in Council.
- "Special Areas Board Business" means activities intended to promote and achieve the goals and objectives of the Special Areas Board.
- "Hospitality" means any expenses incurred in respect of hospitality provided to guests of the Special Areas Board or individuals otherwise not engaged in work for the Special Areas Board as a matter of courtesy or to facilitate Special Areas Board Business.
- "Working Sessions" means any expenses incurred in respect of food or non-alcoholic beverages provided to individuals and to any third parties attending meetings held to facilitate Special Areas Board Business.