Current Road Bans
Effective Tuesday, June 9, 2020 at 8:00 A.M. all loading restrictions are removed, with the exception of:
- a specified oiled road in Special Area No. 2 restricting bus, truck and trailer traffic to Ninety percent (90%) of authorized load limits except as allowed under the act or regulation on the following roads:
- Local Paved Surfaced road south of Hanna described at 3 miles south of Highway 9 along Range Road 14-4 and 4 miles west on Township Road 30-4 to Junction Highway 862
Authority: Board Order No. 24/20
Please contact RoaData Services Ltd. for automated road ban information service, 1-888-830-7623 (Feb 15 – July 15 Annually) firstname.lastname@example.org.
Current Fire Bans
Effective October 14, 2020 the Special Areas Board has issued a Fire Advisory for Special Areas No. 2, 3 & 4.
To complete a controlled burn, please contact your local district office during business hours to complete a controlled burn notification form.
Safe campfires are allowed in campgrounds and random camping areas, but may be restricted if conditions deteriorate. Incinerator fires are permitted at a minimum distance of 30m away from structures and 3m away from combustible materials. Controlled Burns may be restricted.
The Towns, Villages or Provincial Parks within the Special Areas handle their own restrictions and should be contacted directly.
- Hanna District Office - 403-854-5625
- Oyen District Office - 403-664-3618
- Consort District Office - 403-577-3523
For further information contact: Glen Durand at (403) 779-3733.
For more information on current Fire Advisories in place. go to http://albertafirebans.ca/