If you are interested in getting more information about running as a candidate in the upcoming municpal election, please contact your local Area Administrator or District Office.

Hanna District Office - 403-854-5600
Oyen District Office - 403-664-3618
Consort District Office - 403-577-3523

The resource available to potential candidates are meant to assist individuals interested in seeking elector or re-election to the Special Areas Advisory Council. The information provided is general in nature, and has been prepared as a reference only. All candidates are responsible for complying with statutory provisions found in the following:

  • The Local Authorities Election Act
  • The Municipal Government Act
  • The School Act
  • The Special Areas Act
  • Applicable Ministerial Orders and Board Orders


Becoming an Elected Official
Important Dates
Qualifications of Candidates
What does an Advisory Councillor Do
How does the Advisory Council work with the Special Areas Board