Wage: $27.4922 to $31.5717 Per Hour
Hanna – The Special Areas Board requires a temporary full-time employee, to cover a maternity leave, in the Agriculture Service Department. The successful applicant shall implement, promote and direct agriculture programs and services in Special Area No. 2.
Reporting to the Special Area No. 2 Administrator, duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Annual budgeting, reporting and administration
- Identification and inspection of weeds and insects
- Pesticide application
- Managing soil and water conservation programs
- Organize field tours and seminars
- Coordination of equipment and maintenance
- Supervision of seasonal staff
- Collecting and recording field data in a responsible record keeping system
- Ensure compliance of various Acts and Regulations
- Participation in and compliance with the Special Areas Safety Program; and
- Other duties as required.
- Degree or diploma in agriculture or related field
- Demonstrate good communication, interpersonal and leadership skills to work within a team environment
- Highly organized team leader comfortable working in remote areas
- Experience with modern farming/ranching techniques or practical agriculture background
- Excellent organizational, record keeping skills, computer knowledge and public relations are essential
- Agricultural and Industrial Pesticide Applicators License (or ability to obtain prior to commencing)
- Valid Alberta Driver’s license
- Equivalent combination of experience and education may be considered.
Requests for additional information may be directed to Special Area No. 2 Agricultural Fieldman, Jesse Williams, 403-854-5624.
COMPETITION NO: 621002MAT CLOSING DATE: March 3, 2021
This is a designated safety sensitive position and mandatory drug testing will be conducted on all newly hired employees.
Please send cover letter and resume quoting competition number to:
- Human Resource Services
Special Areas Board
Hanna, AB T0J 1P0
Fax (403) 854-5527
We thank all applicants; however, only those invited for an interview will be personally contacted.