TRANSPORT OFFICER/COMMUNITY PEACE OFFICER – LEVEL 1
SALARY: $58,198 - $82,648 per annum
The Special Areas Board is currently seeking a permanent full-time position responsible for providing enforcement activities reporting to the Director of Municipal Services. This role supports the enforcement of various provincial statutes and regulatory municipal policies/orders, and other key enforcement initiatives within the region. This position works directly with external enforcement agencies, Special Areas employees, community groups and other stakeholders.
The successful candidate is in good physical condition and is comfortable working shift work both in and outdoors, in all weather conditions, and in remote areas. An independent worker with strong time management skills, the successful candidate possesses excellent communication and interpersonal skills and is committed to effective enforcement through public education. Possessing strong conflict resolution and de-escalation skills, the successful candidate is a professional who is responsive and respectful when working with members of the public.
- Provide protection of municipal roadway infrastructure through traffic patrols, commercial vehicle inspections, and coordination with Roadata permitting services.
- Deliver enforcement services including liaison with other enforcement agencies as required. When required, participate in investigations relating to public inquiries, complaints and concerns.
- Attend Court when necessary or as requested and ensure evidence and Court procedures are conducted to a professional standard.
- Deliver the Special Areas Safety Program and all reporting requirements.
- Post-secondary education in a related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must possess, or be eligible for, an appointment as a Level One (1) Community Peace Officer from Alberta Justice and Solicitor General.
- A minimum of five (5) years’ experience as a Peace Officer, preferably with knowledge and experience enforcing municipal bylaws and commercial vehicle inspection and enforcement.
- Class 5 Driver’s License is required.
- Additional information may be directed to Owen Francis, Director of Municipal Services at (403) 854-5600.
COMPETITION NO: 30142 CLOSING DATE: March 27, 2020
This is designated a safety sensitive position and mandatory pre-employment drug testing will be conducted on all newly hired employees. Please send an application form and/or resume quoting competition number to:
- Human Resource Services
- Special Areas Board
- Box 820
- Hanna, AB T0J 1P0
- Fax (403) 854-5527
We thank all applicants; however only those invited for an interview will be personally contacted.