EQUIPMENT OPERATOR II
WAGE: $29.6386 - $32.7793 per hour
HANNA: The Special Areas Board invites applications for a temporary full-time employee, to cover a maternity leave as a District Maintenance Grader Operator in the Hanna area.
Reporting to the Hanna District #2 Foreman, key duties include:
- Operation of road equipment in performing such tasks as road maintenance, grading, and snow plowing
- Document management, record keeping and reporting
- Equipment servicing and minor repairs
- Installing snow fence, removing rock from roadway, erecting signs, weed cutting, waste site maintenance
- Delivering the Special Areas Safety Program and all reporting requirements; and
- Other duties as required.
Residency in the Hanna area is a must and preference will be given to those who are willing to relocate or currently live in the Hanna area.
QUALIFICATIONS: Grader experience related to road maintenance and construction; completion of grade twelve or an equivalent combination of education and experience. The successful applicant will be required to obtain a class 3 driver’s license within the first year of employment. Applicant must meet the physical requirement needs for the position. Cat M joystick control experience is an asset.
For additional information contact Wade Heiland, Maintenance Supervisor at 403-779-3733.
COMPETITION NO: 30081 CLOSING DATE: May 21, 2021
This is a designated safety sensitive position and mandatory pre-employment drug testing will be conducted on all newly hired employees.
Please send an application form and/or resume quoting competition number to:
- Human Resource Services
- Special Areas Board
- Box 820
- Hanna, AB T0J 1P0
- Fax (403) 854-5527
We thank all applicants; however only those invited for an interview will be personally contacted.