SEASONAL EQUIPMENT OPERATORS & CONSTRUCTION WORKERS
WAGE: $21.2243 - $35.3574 per hour
The Special Areas Board invites applications for camp-based seasonal wage positions within Special Areas 2, 3, and 4 and the Youngstown Service Center. Seasonal positions historically commence in May, depending on annual road program planning.
Positions available include:
• Construction Crew Operators (grader/scraper/dozer)
• Support Crew Operators (packer/sweeper/raker/patch crew workers and secondary highway repair staff)
• Construction Crew Truck & Tandem Truck Drivers (water/gravel/oil)
• Chip Crew Operators (spreader/helpers & gravel checkers/spotters)
• Camp attendants and camp cooks
• Flag persons
Some key duties within these seasonal wage positions include:
• Operation of road construction equipment for tasks such as new road construction and repair
• Support equipment operators with traffic control, stop, slow or direct traffic through a work area
• Maintain suitable camp accommodations, servicing camp equipment, relocating/restructure of camp
• Preparing meals for crew, monitoring the safety and sanitary levels within the kitchen.
• Document management and reporting
• Equipment servicing and minor repairs
• delivering the Special Areas Safety Program and all reporting requirements, and
• other related duties
These positions are required to deliver 2020 Special Areas Road Program projects, so prior road maintenance and/or construction experience would be an asset. Please indicate on your application your specific equipment experience and any relevant training.
QUALIFICATIONS: Applicant must meet the physical requirement needs for the position. Completion of grade twelve or an equivalent of education and experience. A valid class 5 Drivers License required; additional classes may be required.
For more information, contact Shaune Kovitch, Superintendent Roads & Streets at (403) 779-3733.
COMPETITION NO: 321505 CLOSING DATE: March 4, 2020
These are designated safety sensitive positions and mandatory pre-employment drug testing will be conducted on all newly hired employees. Please send an application form and/or resume quoting competition number to:
Human Resource Services
Special Areas Board
Hanna, AB T0J 1P0
Fax (403) 854-5527
We thank all applicants; however only those invited for an interview will be personally contacted.