All About Water
Special Areas Board has equipment available for a nominal fee, to assist producers in obtaining water for domestic, livestock or agricultural purposes. This will assist producers to have the permanent capability of transferring water from an existing source to the necessary destination.
Youngstown Service Centre
Phone: (403) 779-3733
Address: 404 - 2nd Avenue NE,
Box 67 Youngstown, AB T0J 3P0
Water Pumping Rates
- $75.00/hour pumping time +GST;
- $750.00/day rental of unit +GST plus any damages to equipment
Water Line Plow & Pipe Fuser for up to 2" or 3" pipe
- Small size - $150.00/day +GST
- Large size - $250.00/day +GST
- Fusing (employee assisted) - $35.00/fuse +GST
Minimum Tractor Requirements:
- 150 HP front wheel assist
- Pipe is laid at approximately 1 mile to 1.5 miles per hour
- Total installation, including fusing - 1 mile of pipe every 2 hours
Special Areas does not sell/supply pipe.
Special Areas has bulk/truck fill locations which provide non-potable and potable water. These water stations either have coin based or preloaded cash card payment systems. To purchase a preloaded cash card for use at a SAB truck fill location, please go to your local District Office or the Youngstown Service Center during regular business hours.