The Special Areas recognizes meaningful public consultation is a critical part of the municipal decision-making process and is committed to creating opportunities for meaningful public participation in municipal decisions which directly impact ratepayers.
The Special Areas Board is looking for your feedback about the draft Intermunicipal Development Plans (IDPs) with the:
- Village of Veteran
- Village of Consort
- County of Paintearth No. 18
- M.D. of Provost No. 52
- M.D. of Acadia No. 34
- Town of Drumheller
- Wheatland County
- County of Newell
Draft IDP documents are available for viewing on our IDP/ICF information site. IDP documents are high-level planning document jointly developed by the Special Areas Board and our partnering municipalities.
An IDP is a statutory plan designed to enhance regional cooperation and collaboration for the area of land near our shared border. It facilitates efficient and compatible land development by addressing:
- Future land use and the process for future development proposals in the area,
- Environmental matters as well as social, physical or economic development matters,
- Coordination and financing of intermunicipal programs, services, facilities, and infrastructure,
- Procedures for conflict resolution and amending or repealing the plan, and
- Administrative matters related to the plan.
If you have been impacted by a draft IDP document, you are invited to provide feedback through written submission by March 2, 2020 or to attend the public hearing planned for March 10, 2020 at the Youngstown Service Center beginning at 11:00 am.
If you submitting written feedback, please send your submission:
• via email to email@example.com, or
• mail: Maeghan Chostner, Communications
Special Areas Board
Hanna, AB T0J 1P0
Attn: IDP public consultation
To learn more about public consultation in the Special Areas, check out our public consultation page.